What did you choose for your summer vacation? And how will you remember it?
We all love souvenirs, and I had grand aspirations to amass nifty collections from my travels. First, it was flags, but they were surprisingly difficult to come by. Then it was beach towels, but they take up too much space. Later, it was letter openers, but that was foiled by new rules post-9/11. So what’s a gal to do? There must be a better option, and we all know that scrapbook isn’t happening anytime soon.
Then, I found it. The perfect answer.
Top 5 Reasons Magnets Are Perfect Souvenirs
5. They’re Cheap
- Most magnets cost less than $5.
- At national parks, they’re usually only $2.99.
- Go ahead, pick one up in every park!
4. They’re Beautiful (Or Not)
- Like postcards, they can portray a sight with perfect weather and better lighting without a crowd.
- Or they can be completely kitschy and good for a laugh.
- You can even create a one of a kind family masterpiece and super glue a magnet to the back!
3. They’re Indestructible
- I don’t want to think about the effort required to get this home safely.
- And magnets won’t destroy other items in your suitcase like this guy did.
- Just be careful with them around your credit cards and hotel key cards!
2. They’re Useful
- Because you always need one of these.
- And I’m always hungry.
- And we’d be lost without a map!
1. They’re Tiny
- Even hundreds of them only take up a little bit of space.
- If you
run out of roomdon’t have a magnetic fridge, try magnetic paint or primer on a wall.
- They don’t count as clutter if they bring you joy!
Happy travels this summer and down memory lane later! What are your favorite souvenirs? Post them in the comments below.
This post contains affiliate links. Learn more here.